- We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a competition, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information.
- Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
The standard general english course covers all aspects of the language: grammar, usage, reading, writing, listening and speaking. Great importance is placed on oral communication and materials are both relevant and stimulating. Students are tested regularly to make sure they are in the correct class for their level.
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the "How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?" section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and 'members-only' content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
- We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
- Our site uses Google Analytics uses code provided by Google, to collect information about how visitors use our site. The google analytics cookies collect information in an anonymous form that does not identify an individual. They provide information regarding the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. We use this information to compile reports and to help us improve the way our website works, for example by making sure users are finding what they need easily.
- Our online site is powered by an ecommerce system called volusion. These cookies are required to enable online ordering, record items in cart, store website setting such as sort order.
- The english.dcu.ie site uses a live chat system called zopim that allows us to chat with visitors in real time. These zopim cookies identify the visitor to the system and store privacy settings.
- ShareThis is a tool that allows us to place social media sharing buttons on our site. These cookies are used by that tool.
- Our site uses a facebook widget that shows the latest posts from our facebook wall and allow visitors to interact with our facebook page. These cookies allow facebook to check if users are logged in and check language settings.
The following are a list of cookies used on our website:
|PREF||When browser closes|
Keeps track of a goole users preferences such as preferred language etc.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site so that we can work to improve our customer experience on the site and ensure visitors get the information they want quicky and efficiently.
|__utmc||When browser closes|
|SESSXXXXXXX||When browser closes||This cookie is created by the system that powers the site and is used to identify a unique user session on the server.|
When browser closes
|locale, lsd, reg_fb_gate, reg_fb_ref||1 week|
|__zprivacy||1 week||Stores the user's preference to disable Live Chat, and cease using cookies.|
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term "outside parties" does not include www.english.dcu.ie. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
- However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the "My Account" section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
- To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the "My Account" section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
- In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
- We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
- Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.