Academic Year Programme – General English & Exam Preparation
|6 Months General English & IELTS / Cambridge Exam Preparation Programme||Levels: Elementary to Advanced|
|Start on any Monday throughout the Year||The timetable for your course is set by the centralised DCU Timetabling Office which provides classrooms for courses at DCU. Class times 8.50 to 12.50 or 13.30 - 17.30|
|Prepare for a Bachelors / Masters University Programme - We are Experts in IELTS training||Students can work in Ireland while attending this course (subject to INIS Regulations)|
The Academic Year Programme is ideal for students who wish to attain a specific level of English certified through one of the major internationally recognised English language testing systems such as Cambridge, ESOL or IELTS.
We run specialist Examination Preparation Classes (IELTS, Cambridge) throughout the year so students can transfer to any of these specialist classes at no extra cost (subject to adequate results from a placement test).
We offer students regular progress assessments. Students can measure progress using the internationally recognised Oxford Online Computer Based Testing System. The results provide an important measure of a student’s rate of progress.
Note: dates of exams are limited and might not necessary to coincide with DCULS exam course dates.
Dublin City University is an expert in IELTS and Cambridge training, so students will receive the best preparation for their IELTS / Cambridge examination.
Students are permitted to take vacations during the programme subject to the vacation and Academic Year Programme being completed within the timeframe of the 1 Year Student Visa.
- Students who require a visa to study in Ireland must, while they are studying in Ireland, register to sit an Internationally Recognised Exam such as IELTS, Cambridge, TOEFL or TOEIC.
- If you require a visa and wish to work part-time or full-time during vacations, you must register for a course of at least 25 weeks. The Academic Year Programme is suitable for these purposes. You will be allowed to work 20 hours per week while you are studying and 40 hours per week during designated vacation months. Please note that students will only be allowed to work 40 hours per week in May, June, July, August and from 15 December to 15 January inclusive. For further information click here.
Course Fees Include:
- Entry Level Placement Test
- Free Internet and WiFi Access on campus
- Course Certificate
- DCU LS Student Card
- Afternoon Social Activities
- Afternoon Conversation Class
|Courses DateS 2017||Programme Cost 2017||Pre-requisites|
|Join on any Monday|
€4,250 + €65 Registration Fee
Please note: An examination fee of €210 EUROS applies to Non EU / Non EEA Students attending this programme. (GNIB Students)
|Basic level of English|