Junior Group / PON Programmes at Dublin City University
DCU offers Junior and PON Programmes to schools and junior groups throughout the year. We can customise programmes to suit the needs of your group, offering 15 or 20 hour programmes per week. We provide an excellent social programme for your students. Programme types include:
- English with Cultural and Social Activities (one week or more)
- English Mini-Stay Programme (less than one week)
- English with Sports Activities (basketball, soccer, GAA, etc.)
- English and Skills for the Workplace (ages 13 and up to prepare them for college/work)
Accommodation is offered at DCU Host Families, Residence or at a local 3 Star Hotel. Our campus is located in a residential neighbourhood 5km to the north of Dublin City Centre. Come to DCU this year and experience a truly memorable academic, social and cultural programme.
- Availability throughout the year.
- Free places for leaders.
- Midweek arrival is possible.
- Host Family / Residence / Hotel.
- Exciting Social Programme.
- Dedicated DCU Programme Manager.
Junior Programmes: General Information
We can tailor our programme to suit the needs of your group, and can offer short programmes (1 week) to longer programmes of up to 1 month. In general students will arrive to Ireland the day before their course starts and depart the day after their course finishes. However we can be flexible regarding course duration and start dates. We can accommodate mid-week arrivals to suit your travel needs. Talk to us about your requirements.
- 15 or 20 Hour English Course Per Week.
- Entry Test and Student Report at end of programme.
- Half Day and Evening Social Activities (by public bus).
- Full Day Excursions by private bus.
- Host Family, Residence or Hotel Accommodation.
- Transport Cards can be provided.
- We welcome enquiries from groups of 10 persons and above.
- View our Child Protection Policy and Code of Behavior.
I come from a country quite far from Ireland, and when I arrived here after a long journey I was a bit afraid and I didn’t know anybody. But since I arrived everybody has been really welcoming with me and I quickly felt comfortable at DCU. I’ve been here for a month and a half and now it's like my second home! I live with a host family that they provided to me, I get along well with this family and the house is located 5 minutes walk from DCU so it’s perfect! It’s a great place to meet people from all over the world! I joined several trips organised by DCU to go to Corks, the Cliffs of Moher… It’s great that they do this because it encourages the students to travel around Ireland and it is a good opportunity to meet other international students from DCU.
Our junior programmes draw heavily from the communicative based language tuition model. Our intensive courses focus on the four main facets of the English language: Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking. Each skill is addressed both in isolation and integrated with other skills to reflect real life language situations. Our classrooms are equipped with interactive whiteboards and students can avail of free Wi-Fi.
Dublin City University offers a wide range of social and cultural activities which can be tailored to suit the requirements of your group.
Submitted by admin on
Host Family Video
Campus Residences Video
We can offer Host Family Accommodation, Student Residence Accommodation, or Hotel Accommodation to student groups.
DCU has a network of Host Families who live in the neighbourhood surrounding Dublin City University. Families live close to our campus.
DCU offers a number of Student Residence buildings, both on campus and off campus. At Residence students will receive:
We also offer Hotel Accommodation for Junior Groups at a local 3 Star Hotel.