New Visa Rules
There have been important changes to Student Immigration Policy in Ireland. We will detail the important changes, and how these changes will affect incoming students to Dublin City University for English Courses.
From 20 January 2016, under the new Immigration Policy, students:
- Will be able to get a visa for a maximum of 8 months (32 weeks).
- Must study for 25 weeks and can take the remainder of the weeks as holidays (7 weeks).
- Can continue to work part-time (up to 20 hours per week) while studying, but can only work full-time (40 hours per week) if they take their holidays during the months of May, June, July, August and over the Christmas period from 15 December to 15 January.
- Can stay in Ireland for a total of three 8-month courses, a total of 2 years, studying English.
- Can only take holidays after completing 8 weeks of their course.
Students who have enrolled with us and who start the course after 20 January 2016 will be affected by these changes.
Visa Application Process
Please go to the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service website for full details on application procedures. Students should also check out the website of the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs for details of the Irish Embassy attached to your country. Please note that while we can provide supporting documents for the visa application process it is the responsibility of the student to apply for the visa.