ENGLISH FOR ACADEMIC PURPOSES - SHORT TERM
EAP refers to the language, protocols and practices needed in order to study or work successfully in English medium higher education. The DCU Language Services EAP courses are designed to help students with the linguistic, institutional and disciplinary conventions required when studying or working in an academic environment.
What will this course offer you?
- Provide participants with a range of linguistic resources and skills to facilitate working, studying and networking in international academic contexts.
- Enhance participants’ ability to apply the protocols and conventions of academic communications and practices.
- Develop participant’s autonomous study strategies & critical thinking skills.
- Practice of grammar structures which occur in academic texts and communications.
- Practice of language skills through simulations of typical academic scenarios such as conference presentations or taking lecture notes.
How Can I Book a Course?
To apply for a course, please complete our online application form here .Once received, our Registration Officer will contact you to confirm your programme and arrange payment.
What types of accommodation can you arrange for me?
We have different categories of accommodation to suit all preferences. Please have a look at the accommodation section on our website for an overview.
Where is Ireland and Dublin Located?
Ireland is an island nation, located beside the United Kingdom in north-west Europe. Ireland has a population of 4.7 million people, of which 1.3 million live in the region of Dublin, the capital city.