Pre Masters Programme
Develop your English language proficiency and study techniques and be prepared to succeed in a Postgraduate Programme at Dublin City University. Contact an Advisor >>
The Pre Masters programme is designed for non-native English speakers who want to gain the English language proficiency and study techniques needed to successfully undertake their postgraduate studies in DCU.
Our Pre Master’s Programme provides students, who have met the academic entry requirements, with the skills needed to fully undertake a taught postgraduate programme from day one. The combination of academic writing, presentation and teamwork skills, research methodology, language and communication skills modules, help students to achieve their full potential.
Pathways to DCU Postgraduate Programmes
Are you still unsure about your postgraduate application or Pre Masters programme?
Contact an advisor, we will be glad to help you find the right pathway programme!
What will this course offer you?
- Equip you with the knowledge, skills and confidence to commence your DCU postgraduate studies.
- Tailored pathway specifically designed for international students.
How can I apply for the Pre Masters Programme?
- Identify the DCU Master degree programme that you wish to study. See DCU Prospectus 2021.
- Apply through the Postgraduate Applications Portal.
- The steps you need to follow: Create Account, Complete application form, Submit application and pay application fee and Upload Supplemental items (documents). A fee of €50 applies.
- The deadline for postgraduate applications is 15 July in any given year.
- Your application will be assessed and if approved you will receive an offer to study on both the Pre Masters programme and Master degree programme at DCU.
- Successful completion of your foundation programme guarantees progression to your Master degree programme.
- If you are still unsure about your postgraduate application or Pre Masters programme, we will be glad to help. Contact an Advisor.
Entry Requirements (Academic)
The following is the minimum academic requirement for entry to DCU Pre Masters Programme.
- Honours level Undergraduate degree (2.2 or higher) relevant to the chosen Masters Programme.
*Some programmes may require a higher academic entry. If you are still unsure about your postgraduate application or Pre Masters programme, we will be glad to help. Contact an Advisor.
Entry Requirements (English Level)
The following is the minimum English language standard for entry to the DCU Pre Masters Programme (26 Weeks):
- IELTS: Overall score of 5.0 or above;
- TOEFL: Score of 35 to 45
*Students with an English level lower than IELTS 5.0 may take an Academic English Programme in advance of the Pre Masters Programme as follows:
- 3.7 - For English Level IELTS 4.0: 25 Week Academic English Course
- 3.6 - For English Level IELTS 4.5: 12 Week Academic English Course