The Government of Ireland recently appointed a National Public Health Emergency Team (NPHET) to monitor the outbreak of COVID-19 and to develop and deliver domestic policy in respect of same. NPHET has recommended that the following measures are introduced in the Republic of Ireland:
- Schools, colleges and childcare facilities will close from Friday 13 March 2020 until Monday 1 June 2020 inclusive.
- Indoor mass gatherings of 100 people or more and outdoor mass gatherings of more than 500 people should
be cancelled until further notice.
- All State-run cultural institutions will close until further notice.
DCU Language Services is part of Dublin City University, and therefore is affected by this notice. On this basis, tuition activities will cease, effective from 18.00hrs on Thursday 12 March 2020. This means that:
- No classes or activities will take place at DCU for the period 13 March to 1 June 2020.
- Students or other stakeholders should not attend DCU Campuses
While Dublin City University will be closed to students for the period 13 March -1 June, our staff will be available to assist
students via email and telephone (contact details located at the bottom of this statement).
We understand that this is a difficult time for students, their parents and our partners. DCU Language Services will
make best efforts to minimise inconvenience to students and to provide the best possible support during this period
of interruption. The safety and welfare of our students is our utmost priority at all times.
Frequently Asked Questions – For University Partners and Educational Agents
To assist stakeholders, we have developed a Frequently Asked Questions section, which will answer many of the questions that students, partners and Host Families may have at this time.
Contact details for the period of school closure due to coronavirus
Students can contact our school remotely using the following details. We anticipate a high number of initial enquiries so we ask that students who want to contact the school do so by email first if possible.
- General Enquiries: Email: email@example.com / Telephone: +353 1 700 5678
- Accommodation / Transfers: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Telephone: +353 1 700 5673
- Cancellation Enquiries: Email: email@example.com / Telephone: +353 1 700 6772
* Our Assistance Telephone remains in operation (+353 85 185 7060) but we ask that students and partners only contact this number in cases of genuine emergency.
Remember: Please quote your DCU LS student ID number and name in all correspondence to us. This will allow
us to assist you as quickly as possible.
Issued: 12 March 2020 at 18.00hrs