Holiday / Vacation Policy – EU/EAA Students and Working Holiday visa holders
DCU Language Services will be pleased to facilitate holidays for students, subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Students wishing to arrange holiday must give one week’s notice.
- Students who do not give notice will be marked absent in their attendance record.
- Details of the holiday policy are explained on the first day of a student’s course at DCULS.
Holiday / Vacation Policy – Non EU/EAA Students and Working Holiday visa holders
From 20th January 2016 the following procedures will be in place regarding students who are subject to immigration requirements:-
- Non EU / EEA students registered on an ILEP programme (25 weeks or more) have permission to remain in Ireland for up to 32 weeks.
- The number of weeks holiday a student can take will depend on the length of a students course within the 32 week period.
- All holidays must be scheduled and agreed in advance of registration at the GNIB (Garda National Immigration Bureau).
- Students cannot take holidays within the first 8 weeks of their programme.
- Holidays cannot exceed one third of the programme time already elapsed.
- Once a timetable has been submitted to GNIB no changes are permitted.
- No unscheduled breaks will be permitted except in clearly defined special circumstances such as:
-Serious illness of close family
-Close family bereavement
- Please note these are legal requirements.
The nominated DCULS staff member for holiday and vacation issues is:
DCU LS Student Welfare and Services Coordinator
Office VBG11, Dublin City University, Glasnevin, Dublin 9
Telephone: +353 1 700 5678