|COURSES DATE 2016||PROGRAMME DETAILS||PRE-REQUISITES / OTHER INFORMATION|
4 July - 15 July 2016
18 July - 29 July 2016
2 August - 12 August 2016
Two week intensive course
Choice of Accomodation including home stay or campus apartments
Advanced level of English required
Who is this course for?
- This course is designed for university teaching staff who have a functional level of English but whose first language is not English.
- It is suited to lecturers who teach academic disciplines through the medium of English and whose students may come from a range of linguistic and cultural backgrounds.
Why should you undertake this course?
- To develop your language skills for the purpose of teaching through English in a third-level education environment.
- To help you support students develop critical thinking skills and metacognitive skills.
- To improve your use of English in academic environments and contexts.
- To build on your Cognitive Academic Language Proficiency.
- To help improve your Cognitive Obligatory Language which includes vocabulary, grammar and functions specific to the academic subject.
- To help strengthen your Content Compatible Language skills and everyday language which support the study of curricular subjects.
- To help strengthen your career prospects.
- To give you the opportunity to network and establish relationships with international academics.
What should participants expect?
- A series of dynamic, participatory workshops using a wide range of interactive teaching methods.
- An emphasis on exploratory study.
- Sessions designed with reference to the university teaching environment.
- Input sessions which target language proficiency.
- Exploration of innovative pedagogic techniques to maximise the desired learning outcomes among students.
- Content which is adapted and tailored to meet the specific needs of participants.
- A dedicated Virtual Learning Environment will be used for the programme so that participants can share their learning and ideas.
- An integrated skills approach which targets the development of language, pedagogic and transferable communication skills.
How much does it cost?
- The program fee is €1,145.
- The host family accommodation fee is €190 per week excluding an accommodation fee of €65.
- Campus apartments are €37 per night excluding an accommodation fee of €65.
University Lecturers Programme Video