- Students on sick leave are required to contact the designated member of staff (by email) on the first day of sickness.
- DCULS will keep a record of student attendance, and document absences.
- A medical certificate may be requested by DCULS in cases of extended sick leave.
- The DCU Language Services Welfare Officer is available to assist students regarding medical services.
Non EU students (or ILEP students):
- The student must contact designated member of staff on the first day of absence due to illness.
- The student must contact the designated member of staff on each subsequent day of sickness.
- A valid medical certificate must be submitted on the first day of return to the school.
- The certificate will be kept in the school attendance records for the student.
- Uncertified sick leave will be recorded as absence and will impact upon a student’s attendance record.
The nominated DCULS staff member for sick leave issues is:
Office VBG11, Dublin City University, Glasnevin, Dublin 9
Telephone: +353 1 700 5678