FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions you can read our FAQ section below.
Don’t hesitate to contact us or send us an online inquiry. We will be happy to assist you.
VISA, LETTERS AND INSURANCE
Please visit Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service website to check if you need a visa.
- GNIB Registration: Request this when you have made your appointment to register with the GNIB. If you need more information on registering with the GNIB please read here.
- Re-Entry Visa: Request this if you are from Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Morocco, Kuwait, Pakistan, Russia or Venezuela and you want to travel outside of Ireland. This letter is only valid for 7 days; please do not order the letter more than 7 days before your re-entry visa appointment. If you need more information on re-entry visas please read here.
- Proof of Address: Request this if you require to open a bank account (the Bank of Ireland on campus) or to obtain a PPS number for work. If you are not staying with DCU host family accommodation, you need to submit the proof of address. Bring a signed contract, rent receipts, bills or a letter from your landlord (this should include your address, your name, landlord’s name, landlord’s contact details and his/her signature.) to the DCULS office.
- Confirmation of your programme: Request this letter if you need written confirmation that you are a registered student in DCU Language Services. You can also use this letter for the Embassy when you apply for the visa. Please contact the relevant Embassy for further details on visa applications.
- Confirmation to permission to work: Request this if you need to prove to employers that you are eligible to work.
- Attendance rate: Request this if you need to prove your attendance rate.
*Please note: We do not issue letters related to fees. If you need a receipt of payment or a copy of an invoice please contact email@example.com.
If you haven’t taken the on-line placement test in advance of your arrival, please come to the DCULS office at 13:00.
Taxis are available from the forecourts directly outside Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. Passengers should follow taxi signage to the designated taxi ranks. A taxi dispatcher is available at either taxi rank if you require any further information or assistance.
Please provide details to your taxi driver of your destination (i.e. to DCU or the address of your DCU Host Family) before your journey starts. DCU Glasnevin campus is located 7km from Dublin Airport with a travel time around 15 minutes.
We also provide an out-of-hours (weekday evenings and weekends) phone response service for students. The service ensures that students who experience an urgent or unexpected difficulty outside office hours can receive support and advice over the phone. The Assistance Number is +353 85 185 7060.
UNDERGRADUATE, POSTGRADUATE COURSES
Find out more about our University